So I know we are in very strange times right now with the Coronavirus pandemic happening and I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy during these weird times. On the flip side, I also think we need to embrace the “Quarantine 15,” just like the “Freshman 15.” It’s inevitable and there is NO SHAME.
With that being said I don’t know if it’s just me but I am not over the dynamic duo of PB and chocolate! I feel like it has been a quintessential pair since the beginning of time and it will NEVER not be good to me.
With that being said I can not think of anything better that encompasses both of these ingredients than the classic Reese Peanut Butter Cup. This was one of my favorite treats growing up. As I got older and more health conscious I began to realize that these once delicious morsels weren’t the best for ya.
However, I strongly believe that they are still the perfect ratio of peanut butter and chocolate…. except it’s not vegan, it’s filled with preservatives and a bunch of ingredients you can’t pronounce.
So I got to work experimenting with ratios and ingredients and I think I have found the winner.
These bars are so insane, they literally melt in your mouth. They are also Vegan, GF, refined sugar and require just 5 ingredients! They couldn’t be easier or better for you….well better than a Reese.
Hope you enjoy!
Vegan & GF Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 1/4 cup NATURAL peanut butter This is key because you need a more runny peanut butter to keep them moist* sorry no other word for this.
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons good maple syrup
- ¾ cup vegan chocolate chips I LOVE Enjoy Life brand
- mix only 1 cup pb (SET ASIDE remaining 1/4 pb for chocolate topping), 1 cup coconut flour and 3 tablespoons maple together till fully mixed and like dough
- Press evenly into 8×8 pan and freeze for 30 mins
- Once frozen melt ¾ cup chocolate chips with remaining 1/4 cup pb and 2 tablespoons coconut oil over a double boiler and pour evenly over the frozen pb. Place in the freezer again for another 30 mins!! Once you wanna eat let thaw for like 10 mins ENJOY 😊