So I know we are in very strange times right now with the Coronavirus pandemic happening and I hope everyone us staying safe and healthy during these weird times. On the flip side, I also think we need to embrace the “Quarantine 15,” just like the “Freshman 15.” It’s inevitable and there is NO SHAME.
With that being said I don’t know if it’s just me but I am not over the dynamic duo of PB and chocolate! I feel like it’s been a quintessential pair since the beginning of time and it will NEVER not be good to me.
With that being said I can not think of anything better that encompasses both of these ingredients than the classic Reese Peanut Butter Cup. This was one of my favorite treats growing up. As I got older and more health conscious I began to realize that these once delicious morsels weren’t the best for ya.
However they still were the perfect ratio of peanut butter and chocolate…. except it’s not vegan, it’s filled with preservatives and a bunch of ingredients you can’t pronounce.
So I got to work experimenting with ratios and ingredients and I think I have found the winner.
These bars are so insane, they literally melt in your mouth. They are also Vegan, GF, raw and just 5 ingredients! They couldn’t be easier or better for you!
Hope you enjoy!
Vegan & GF Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 cup NATURAL peanut butter this is key because you need a more runny peanut butter to keep them moist* sorry no other word for this
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons good maple syrup
- ¾ cup vegan chocolate chips I LOVE Enjoy Life brand
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ c peanut butter
- mix 1 cup pb and 1 cup coconut flour and 3 tablespoons maple together till fully mixed and like dough
- Press evenly into 8×8 pan and freeze for 30 mins
- Once frozen melt ¾ cup chocolate chips with 1/4 cup pb and 2 tablespoons coconut oil over a double boiler and pour evenly over the frozen pb. Place in the freezer again for another 30 mins!! Once you wanna eat let thaw for like 10 mins ENJOY 😊