I’m gonna keep it short and sweet with this post. It’s October, it’s officially fall which means pumpkin szn! So naturally it’s time to start baking and cooking all the cozy things ( mostly with the addition of pumpkin or some type of squash.) So I used my Vegan Buttermilk Pancake recipe and just replaced the applesauce with pumpkin! Could not be easier!
I added in some chocolate chips because…duh! They are optional but like, who doesn’t add chocolate chips to anything pumpkin?
These pancakes are vegan and gluten free! They are made with whole oats (you blend them with all the other ingredients), so they are a little denser and not quite as fluffy as normal, but I promise you’ll love them!
Pumpkin Pancakes (V+Gf)
- 1 C unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2 C gluten free rolled oats
- 2 Tbs coconut flour can sub for AP or GF four
- 1/2 C pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbs maple syrup
- 2 Tbs coconut sugar can also sub maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbs baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp all-spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- coconut oil for cooking
- 1/2 C chocolate chip
- in a small bowl whisk together the milk and the apple cider vinegar and set aside for 5 mins to create the vegan buttermilk,
- in a blender add the vegan buttermilk and remaining ingredients and blend for 30 seconds. DO NOT over blend or the batter will become sticky and pancakes wont be fluffy.
- stir in chocolate chips
- heat pan over medium heat and add a tablespoon of coconut oil
- ladle about 1/2 cup into the pan at a time
- cook on for about 2-3 minutes or until bubbles start to form
- flip and cook another 2 minutes
- top with vegan butter and syrup
Hope you enjoy!