Are you ever in the mood for dessert but you aren’t in the mood to do all the baking? Well, same.
I really wanted to have dessert the other night but I didn’t want to do all the work of baking. I wanted something that tasted like a baked treat but wasn’t baked. Lol the struggle! Specifically I wanted something that was gonna taste like a chocolate chip oatmeal cookie.
I don’t know what it is about bars that I love so much. But I love them. I LOVE bar type desserts. I think it might have something to do with the layers and textures bars usually consist of. So I took that simple recipe and you guessed it, made bars. And WOW. I mean, looks at the layers!
The base is just oats and melted coconut oil and coconut sugar. Then there is a super creamy middle layer of PB and chocolate, and the top is just more of the base layer to keep everything secure. But the best part is that these are NO-BAKE bars. The only “cooking” requirement is to melt the coconut oil and coconut sugar and then the PB and chocolate fudge layer. These bars are SO easy and SO decadent.
No-Bake PB Fudge Oat Bars
- 3 C Rolled oats I love the GF ones from Bob’s
- 3/4 C Coconut oil
- 1/2 C Coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 C Peanut Butter
- 1 C Chocolate chips
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper
- Melt the coconut oil and coconut sugar in saucepan over medium heat until combined and sugar has dissolved
- Stir in the vanilla
- Add oats
- Continue stirring and let cook over low heat for a couple minutes
- Take half the oat mixture and press evenly into parchment lined pan, reserving half the mixture for the top layer
- Freeze while making the Pb fudge
- Mix PB and chocolate together until thoroughly combined
- Pour and spread evenly over oat layer
- Add remaining oat mixture on top and spread evenly
- Place in refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Once the chocolate layer has set bars can be cut and kept out at room temperature for up to a week.