As the weather begins to warm up I notice my pallet begins to change. I start craving things like fresh juicy berries, crispy veggies, and chilled salads. When this transition happens it also means my typical go to recipes start to change as well. Which is great because it keeps my creativity flowing to create new dishes. Seasonality baby!
With that being said, Spring and Summer are literally around the corner and because of this I’ve been very into eating fresh berries for breakfast. But like, not jusssttt berries, I need more sustenance than that. So my go-to has been to add some coconut yogurt ( my all time favorite brands are Culina, or Anitas), and granola, DUH.
But here is the trouble, all the “good for you” granola (AKA no refined sugars and made with healthy fats) are SO pricey! If you make your own though the ingredients are cheap, it requires one bowl and you can make a big batch and keep it in mason jars for weeks, which during a quarantine is IDEAL.
So below is just my basic granola recipe but you can always add in extra things to spruce up! I love adding dried fruit, orange zest (my fav), quinoa, and different spices. You can also make it grain free and just use nuts! It really is so versatile and SO EASY PEOPLE.
Maple coconut granola
- 2 cups GF Rolled oats Loves Bob’s Red Mill
- ¼ Cup Maple Syrup Agave or honey works too
- ¼ Cup Coconut Oil Or any fat or you choice, just make sure it’s in a liquid form
- 1 Cup Coconut Shreds For healthier option make sure it’s unsweetened
- 1 Cup Nuts
- 1 ½ tsp Vanilla
- 1 Tbls Cinnamon
- pinch Salt
- ½ Cup Dried fruit
- Pre heat oven to 325
- Mix all ingredients together and spread over parchment lined baking sheet in a single even layer.
- Bake for 20 mins or until golden brown
- Let cool completely before eating or storing 🙂