I know I know, salad? in winter? but her me out. Winter salads are actually some of my favorites! Being able to add in warm, roasted winter veggies, toasted nuts, and dried fruit can actually give salads that cozy, full meal feel that is usually missing. For this salad I roasted up my favorites, Butternut squash and Brussel sprouts. Then I added in some fresh red onion, thinly sliced apples and sprinkled roasted pecans and dried cranberries. I crisped up some tempeh and sprinkled some vegan feta cheese on top
(honestly adding any type of cheese is key in my opinion). This salad was near prefect.
So now for the dressing! It is really simple and you don’t absolutely neeeeeed the cranberry juice. I just had it in my fridge and didn’t know what else I would use it for. It just gave the dressing nice color and added some extra tartness.
I hope you enjoy as much as I did!
Cranberry Maple Cider Dressing
- 2 Tbs dijon or grainy mustard
- 3 Tbs maple syrup
- 2 Tbs unsweetened cranberry juice
- 2 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 C olive oil or avocado oil
- pinch salt and pepper
- dash cinnamon
- add all ingredients to air tight jar and whisk or just put the lid on and shake up! Will last about a week or so in the fridge!!